A ‘Holiday Message to Employees’ during the festive season is more than just a tradition. It’s a time for celebration and reflection, where many businesses take the opportunity to show appreciation. While some might see these messages as mere formalities, the truth is they can profoundly influence job satisfaction, employee morale, and motivation in the workplace.
New Year’s Day
The beginning of a new year is an excellent time to show appreciation to your employees for their hard work, dedication, and commitment. Sending a warm and heartfelt Happy New Year message to your employees is a great way to lift their spirits and start the year off on a positive note.
5 Happy New Year message ideas for employees
1. Dear [Name], thank you for your unwavering commitment to our company. As we begin the new year, let’s work together to achieve even greater success.
2. Happy New Year to you and your loved ones! May this year be filled with endless possibilities, new adventures, and lots of laughter. [Name], we are grateful for your hard work and dedication, and we look forward to another year of working together to achieve great things.
3. As we enter the New Year, let’s leave behind all the stress and challenges of the past and focus on the possibilities and opportunities that lie ahead. [Name], your positivity and can-do attitude have been a great asset to our team, and we can’t wait to see what you’ll accomplish this year.
4. Happy New Year to you and your loved ones! May this year be filled with endless possibilities, new adventures, and lots of laughter. [Name], we are grateful for your hard work and dedication, and we look forward to another year of working together to achieve great things.
5. As we reflect on the year that has passed and look forward to the year ahead, we want to express our gratitude for your contributions to our company’s success. [Name], your professionalism, skills, and positive attitude are truly appreciated. Wishing you a happy New Year filled with continued growth and success!
Chinese New Year
Chinese New Year, also known as Spring Festival, is the most important festival in China. It is a time for family gatherings, feasting, and wishing each other good luck and prosperity. Chinese New Year typically falls between January 21 and February 20, depending on the lunar calendar.
5 Chinese New Year message ideas for employees
1. Happy New Year, [Name]! As we celebrate the start of the Year of the Rabbit, let’s remember to be brave, bold, and determined in all that we do. Wishing you and your family a wonderful Chinese New Year filled with delicious food, great company, and lots of happiness!
2. Gong xi fa cai, [Name]! Let’s make this Year of the Rabbit one to remember by setting new goals, chasing after our dreams, and having fun along the way. May you have a blessed year filled with love, laughter, and prosperity.
3. Happy New Year, [Name]! May this Year of the Rabbit bring you and your family good health, wealth, and happiness. Let’s celebrate the start of the new year with lots of laughter, love, and of course, red envelopes!
4. On behalf of the entire team, we would like to wish you a happy Chinese New Year, [name]! May the Year of the Rabbit bring you good health, prosperity, and success in all your endeavors. We look forward to continuing our journey together and achieving even greater milestones in the coming year.
5. As we ring in the Chinese New Year, we want to take a moment to appreciate your hard work and dedication, [name]. You are a valuable member of our team, and we are lucky to have you. Here’s to another year of working together towards achieving our goals, and we wish you and your loved ones a prosperous and joyous year of the Rabbit.
St. Patrick’s Day
St. Patrick’s Day is one of the most celebrated holidays across the world, and it is a day to honor the patron saint of Ireland, St. Patrick. This day is celebrated annually on March 17th and is widely recognized for its festive celebrations, including parades, wearing green, and indulging in traditional Irish food and drink. It is also a great time for businesses to share a message of appreciation and good luck with their employees.
5 St. Patrick’s Day message ideas for employees
1. It’s St. Patrick’s Day, [Name]! Time to break out the green and get your Irish on. May your day be filled with lots of laughter, joy, and good times.
2. [Name], don’t forget to wear green today or you’ll risk getting pinched! Happy St. Patrick’s Day, and may your day be filled with lots of green beer and good cheer.
3. Happy St. Patrick’s Day, [Name]! Here’s hoping you find a four-leaf clover, a pot of gold, and maybe even a leprechaun or two.
4. Happy St. Patrick’s Day, [Name]! May your pot of gold be full and your glass of beer never empty. Remember, everyone’s a little bit Irish on this day.
5. On behalf of the entire company, we want to wish you a happy St. Patrick’s Day, [Name]. We hope this day brings you luck and happiness in all aspects of your life.
Cinco de Mayo
Cinco de Mayo is a festive holiday celebrated annually on May 5th. Cinco de Mayo has become increasingly popular in the United States as a celebration of Mexican culture and heritage. In the workplace, it’s an opportunity to come together as a community, enjoy traditional foods and drinks, and celebrate the spirit of the Mexican people.
5 Cinco de Mayo message ideas for employees
1. Happy Cinco de Mayo, [Name]! It’s time to taco ’bout how awesome you are. We hope you have a guac-tastic day!
2. Happy Cinco de Mayo, [Name]! Today’s a day to let loose and enjoy some Mexican cuisine and drinks. But don’t worry, we’ll make sure you don’t have a nacho typical hangover tomorrow. So let’s celebrate responsibly and have a good time together!
3. Happy Cinco de Mayo! On this occasion, we want to thank you for your valuable contribution to our organization. Your dedication, skills, and professionalism have helped us achieve our goals and reach new heights. We hope this year brings you even more success and happiness in both your professional and personal life.
4. On behalf of [Company Name], we want to wish you a happy Cinco de Mayo, [Name]! We appreciate your hard work and dedication to our team. Today, let’s take a moment to celebrate the rich history and culture of Mexico, and how it has influenced our society. We hope you have a wonderful day filled with good food, good drinks, and good company.
5. Happy Cinco de Mayo, [Name]! We want to take this opportunity to thank you for your contributions to our team and wish you a day filled with joy and celebration. Let’s raise a glass to the Mexican heritage and culture that has enriched our lives in so many ways. Enjoy the festivities with your loved ones and have a great day!
For many, Easter is a time to spend with loved ones, to reflect on the past and embrace new beginnings. In the workplace, it’s important to recognize the importance of Easter as it can be a great opportunity to connect with your colleagues on a personal level.
5 Easter message ideas for employees
1. [Name], wishing you and your loved ones a Happy Easter! May this festive season bring in new hope, new inspiration and new beginnings.
2. We wish you a joyous Easter filled with love, blessings and cherished moments with your loved ones. Thank you for your hard work and commitment to our team.
3. Have an egg-cellent Easter [Name]! Hoping your day is filled with lots of love, laughter and of course, plenty of chocolates!
4. Happy Easter to a team that always goes above and beyond! Your commitment and enthusiasm are what make us successful.
5. This Easter, let us all take a moment to appreciate each other’s contributions and to express gratitude for the gift of working together. Have a great holiday!
Labor Day is a holiday that was created to honor the workforce and the contributions they have made to the economy and society. Celebrated on the first Monday in September, Labor Day is often seen as the unofficial end of summer. While it’s a time for relaxation and fun, it’s also a great opportunity for employers to convey a message of appreciation to their employees.
5 Laboy Day message ideas for employees
1. Happy Labor Day to our hardworking team! You’re the glue that holds this company together, and we couldn’t do it without you, [Name]. Enjoy your well-deserved break!
2. [Name], your hard work and dedication are truly appreciated, not just on Labor Day, but every day of the year. We’re proud to have you on our team.
3. On this Labor Day, let’s take a moment to recognize and celebrate the tireless efforts of our amazing team, including [Name]. Your passion and work ethic are what keep our organization thriving, and we’re lucky to have you all on board.
4. Happy Labor Day, [Name]! Today, we celebrate all the hard work and dedication you bring to the team. Keep up the great work and enjoy your well-deserved day off!
5. On behalf of [Company Name], we want to wish each and every employee a Happy Labor Day. We appreciate your hard work and dedication to our company, and we recognize the effort you put in every day to make us successful. Enjoy your holiday, [Name], and know that your contributions do not go unnoticed.
Why not take your Labor Day appreciation a step further? Celebrate your team’s hard work and dedication with unique and thoughtful gifts they’ll truly love. Make this upcoming Labor Day 2024 unforgettable. Explore personalized Labor Day gifts for your team.
Diwali, also known as the Festival of Lights, is one of the most important festivals celebrated in India and across the world. The festival signifies the victory of light over darkness, good over evil, and knowledge over ignorance. It is a time of great joy and festivity, and is marked with the lighting of diyas (lamps), the exchange of gifts, and the sharing of special Indian sweets. In the workplace, Diwali offers a great opportunity to connect with your employees and show them how much you appreciate their hard work and dedication.
5 Diwali message idea for employees
1. Wishing you a Diwali that sparkles with joy and lights up your life! May the sweets be plenty, the laughter contagious, and the calories forgotten, [Name]!
2. Diwali is a time for new beginnings, so let’s forget about all the work emails and deadlines and just focus on the joy of the season! Happy Diwali, [Name]!
3. Wishing all of our employees a joyous and prosperous Diwali. May this festival of lights bring you and your loved ones peace, happiness, and good health. Happy Diwali, [Name]!
4. On behalf of the entire company, I would like to wish you a very happy and prosperous Diwali, [Name]! May this festival of lights bring you and your family abundant blessings and joy.
5. As we celebrate the festival of Diwali, I would like to take this opportunity to express my appreciation for your hard work and dedication towards our company’s success, [Name]. Your contribution is valuable and we are grateful for having you in our team. May you have a wonderful and fulfilling Diwali!
Halloween is an exciting holiday that is celebrated worldwide on October 31st. The holiday originated from ancient Celtic traditions, and over time, it has evolved to become a day of fun and spooky celebrations. While Halloween is generally associated with trick-or-treating and costumes, it’s also an opportunity for businesses to engage with their employees and customers.
5 Halloween message ideas for employees
1. Hey [Name], I can’t think of anything scarier than our team without you. Happy Halloween!
2. Trick or treat! Halloween is the perfect time to indulge in a little bit of fun and let loose. Enjoy the day and have a hauntingly good time!
3. “Happy Halloween, [Name]! May your day be filled with more treats than tricks and less work than usual.”
4. Dear [Name], as we embrace the spirit of Halloween, let’s not forget the scariest thing of all: Monday morning meetings. Wishing you a Halloween filled with more candy than meetings.
5. Dear [Name], as Halloween approaches, I want to wish you a safe and enjoyable celebration. May your day be filled with treats and laughter, and may you have a spooktacular time with your loved ones.
Hanukkah is a Jewish holiday that is celebrated in late November or December. It’s an eight-day celebration that commemorates the rededication of the Second Temple in Jerusalem during the Maccabean Revolt in the 2nd century BCE. In the workplace, you may be wondering how to extend Hanukkah greetings to your Jewish employees in a respectful and meaningful way.
5 Hanukkah message ideas that you can share with your employees:
1. Wishing you all eight days of joy, laughter, and endless amounts of latkes! Happy Hanukkah, [Name]!
2. As we celebrate Hanukkah, let’s remember that miracles do happen – like the miracle of having such an amazing team of employees. Thank you for all that you do, [Name]!
3. As we celebrate the festival of lights, let’s remember that the real miracle is having such a wonderful team to work with. Happy Hanukkah, [Employee Name]!
4. As we celebrate the Festival of Lights, we want to take a moment to thank you for your hard work and dedication to [Company Name]. Wishing you and your family a Happy Hanukkah filled with warmth, happiness, and love. Warmly, [Your Name] and the [Company Name] team.
5. As we celebrate Hanukkah, we want to express our gratitude for your dedication and hard work throughout the year. May the festival of lights bring you and your loved ones peace and joy. Happy Hanukkah, [Name].
Christmas is one of the most anticipated holidays of the year, celebrated in many countries around the world. There isn’t a better time to show appreciation to employees and give thanks for their hard work.
5 Christmas message ideas for employees
1. Hey [Name], wishing you a holly, jolly, and stress-free Christmas! Just remember, the only work you should be doing is unwrapping presents and eating cookies.
2. Dear [Name], May your Christmas be filled with lots of presents, lots of eggnog, and zero office emails. Enjoy your holiday break and have a wonderful Christmas!
3. It’s the most wonderful time of the year, and we want to wish our team at [Company Name] a very Merry Christmas! [Name], you all have worked incredibly hard this year, and we appreciate everything you do for the company. Enjoy your well-deserved break, and we’ll see you in the New Year!
4. Dear [Name], May your Christmas be merry and bright, and may your New Year be filled with success and new opportunities. Thank you for being an important part of our team at [Company Name], and we look forward to another year of working together. Happy Holidays!
5. The holiday season is a time to be surrounded by loved ones and cherish the moments that matter most. We are grateful to have you, [Name] as part of our team and wish you a Merry Christmas filled with warmth and joy.
Kwanzaa is celebrated annually from December 26th to January 1st. Created by Dr. Maulana Karenga, a professor of African American Studies, Kwanzaa is celebrated by millions of people around the world. The holiday is rooted in the African tradition of harvest festivals and is a time to reflect on the past, celebrate the present, and prepare for the future. During Kwanzaa, participants light seven candles, each representing one of the seven principles of the holiday. These principles are unity, self-determination, collective work and responsibility, cooperative economics, purpose, creativity, and faith.
5 Kwanzaa message ideas for employees
1. Happy Kwanzaa, [Name]! Let us embrace the principle of collective work and responsibility as we strive to make a positive impact in our community. Thank you for your contributions to our team!
2. Happy Kwanzaa to all! Let us take this time to reflect on the past year and look forward to the opportunities that lie ahead. To [Name], I want to thank you for your hard work and dedication to our organization. Your efforts have not gone unnoticed, and we are grateful for all that you do.
3. Kwanzaa is a time to reflect on our heritage, embrace our community, and enjoy the company of loved ones. [Name], thank you for being an important part of our workplace community. Happy Kwanzaa!
4. On behalf of the company, I extend our warmest wishes to you, [Name], for a joyous Kwanzaa celebration. May the principles of this holiday inspire us to continue working together towards a brighter future.
5. As we observe Kwanzaa, I want to take a moment to express our appreciation for all that you do, [Name]. Your dedication and commitment to our team are truly valued. Happy Kwanzaa!
And finally, let’s not forget about birthdays! Who wouldn’t want to be appropriately celebrated on their special day? It’s crucial for companies and organizations to recognize the importance of these small gestures, such as celebrating birthdays, which can have a significant impact on employee morale and engagement. Neglecting these meaningful occasions due to the day-to-day demands may lead to adverse consequences that can affect the overall well-being of the workforce.
5 Birthday message ideas for employees
1. Today, we’re celebrating [Name]’s birthday! You’re a vital part of our team, and we appreciate your hard work, your great ideas, and your ability to always make us laugh. Here’s to another year of success, learning, and many more laughs along the way!
2. It’s time to celebrate [Name]’s birthday! Let’s give them a round of applause for another year of hard work, dedication, and putting up with all of our shenanigans. Here’s to another year of success, growth, and laughter!
3. Another year of greatness has passed, [Name], and we can’t wait to see what you’ll accomplish in the next! Cheers to a fantastic birthday and an even better year ahead.
4. Dear [Mr./Ms./Mrs. Last Name], we’re sending you our warmest wishes on your special day. You’re an integral part of our team, and we’re grateful for all you do to make our workplace a success. Happy birthday, and here’s to many more years of growth, learning, and achievement!
5. Wishing a happy birthday to [Mr./Ms./Mrs. Last Name]. It’s a pleasure to work with someone who is so dedicated, hardworking, and always brings their best to the table. We appreciate all you do, and we hope your birthday is as special as you are!
According to Glassdoor, 81% of employees say they are inspired to work harder when their boss expresses appreciation. As birthdays are personal milestones, remembering them demonstrates that the company cares about the individual employee beyond their professional contributions. Explore birthday gifts that always hit the mark.
Tips for a successful holiday message to employees
The holiday season is a time for joy and celebration, but it can also be a time of stress and anxiety for employees who are juggling work, family obligations, and holiday preparations. As a manager or employer, it’s important to show your appreciation for your staff and give them a message that will lift their spirits and encourage them to finish the year strong.
Here are a few tips for a successful holiday message for employees.
1. Personalization is Key
One of the most important things to keep in mind when crafting a holiday message for your employees is to make it personal. Rather than sending a generic message to your entire team, take the time to write individualized messages for each employee. That’s why we’ve carefully crafted each message with a placeholder for names. This can help them feel acknowledged and valued, and can be a good way to reinforce positive behaviours you’ve seen throughout the year.
2. Be Authentic
When you’re crafting your holiday message, be authentic and honest. Employees can easily tell when a message is insincere or generic, and it can lead to them feeling undervalued or unappreciated. Show your employees some genuine gratitude for all their hard work and dedication throughout the year, and let them know that they’re an important part of the company’s success.
3. Keep it short and sweet
Your employees are likely busy and have limited time to read a lengthy email. Keep your message concise and to the point. Use bullet points or a numbered list to make it easy to read and digest, and consider including a festive image or graphic to add some visual interest.
4. Complement your message with a thoughtful gift
Holiday greetings can do wonders, but the impact becomes even greater when they are combined with a gift. Toasty Choice Card lets your employees choose their favorites from hundreds of merchants and retail partners. No one is left with an awkward gift that they have no interests in using. Whether you have 10 employees or a few thousand, you can select a fitting design, craft a personalized message, and deliver it all in just a few minutes!
Toasty makes holiday gifting easy
When you sign up for a Toasty account, you gain the power of simplicity right at your fingertips. No longer will you have to spend hours searching for the perfect gift that satisfies everyone. Toasty’s user-friendly, self-serve portal has made sending memorable gifts for any occasion a breeze. It’s time to embrace this opportunity to simplify your gifting experience and bring joy to those who truly matter!
Take action now and create your Toasty account today. Start making a meaningful difference in the lives of your employees by recognizing their hard work with thoughtful messages and gifts that fit every budget. With Toasty, you can effortlessly express your appreciation and make lasting impressions.